TIPS FOR WEARING A UTILITY JACKET
A utility jacket is another closet staple of mine. They come in different styles and a range of colors. However, they are all similar when it comes to styling one. Unfortunately this jacket is no longer available, but I have linked other ones at the bottom.
- Add a feminine detail your outfit. Whether it be heels, bold lipstick or jewelry, this will add that little girlie touch. With jewelry you can opt for a statement necklace, or statement earrings —just not both at the same time, that can be too much. Or you can layer delicate necklaces. Lace is another look that really goes well with a utility jacket!
- Mix prints into your look. Although utility jackets come in any color, I love the olive or army green mixed with a leopard print! It’s a gorgeous pairing as an accessory like a bag, a shirt or even your shoes. Another print that looks great with a utility jacket are stripes. Layer a striped sweater under your jacket or your favorite striped tee. Floral print is also a beautiful option. A utility jacket would look amazing with a floral skirt! I also love the look of a plaid short under a utility jacket.
- Mix colors with you jacket. I personally really like olive green mixed with a baby blue or a blush pink. Don’t be afraid to mix your jacket with other colors.
- Pair it with your favorite little black dress. I love how a utility jacket dresses down a little back dress and keeps the look causal, but put together.
- Plenty of jeans look great with a utility jacket. I will pair mine with ripped skinny jeans in any color, but black and white look amazing! Light wash boyfriend jeans pair wonderfully with a utility jacket.
Just a few tips, but this will help you style your utility jacket into the perfect outfit!
Photography: Lianna Piccetti