TIPS FOR ROCKIN’ A SEQUIN DRESS
We attended one of my closest friend’s wedding this past weekend. I originally was going to wear the watercolor dress I wore to the wedding we went to last month, but found this dress super on sale! It kept saying it was out of stock, but I kept checking and checking until it came back. I know for some, an allover sequin dress can be a little imitating, especially while attending a wedding(no stealing the attention from the bride). So when this dress arrived, I had to make sure to plan my whole wedding outfit accordingly. Here are some tips for wearing sequins:
1. Don’t go sequin crazy! Since this dress is covered in sequins, I had to make sure my accessories would not be equally as sparkly. I opted for my black clutch, which added a bit of edge to the sweet, pink sequins. My earrings are added some more glam, but did not compete with the sequins. My heels are neutral and allow the sequins to stand out.
2. Look for prints. This dress has a gorgeous geometric print. It is still covered in sequins, but not entirely. You can still see the nude color of the dress.
3. Wear your hair up. I personally think sequin dresses look better when your hair is up and out of your face. This will keep the focus on the dress. I did a low chignon, for a classy updo.
4. Choose bright colors. This dress has very bright pink sequins, which is perfect while attending a wedding. It kept the dress fun and non-bridal.
5. The silhouette of the dress matters. This dress was a t-shirt dress. I added a belt to give it more shape. Choose a simple silhouette for the dress (especially if it is for a wedding). It may be over doing it if you have a body conscious sequin dress or a low v-neck mini dress. For my outfit, I let the sequins take the main stage. The silhouette was flirty, yet classic.