HOW TO STYLE A DUSTER CARDIGAN
Duster cardigans are a great piece to have in your closet. A duster cardigan is a sweater that hits below the knees. The one I’m wearing is slightly longer in the back. Mine is almost two years old now, but I’ve linked similar options. This piece will add some serious drama to any outfit. I love duster cardigans that go to the ground because they make an outfit more dramatic. Below I have some tips for styling your duster cardigan.
- Since the duster cardigan already has a lot of length, pair it with a shirt that isn’t too long. My tank was a little long so I did the half tuck. You don’t want too many items that are long when you wear a duster cardigan. It’s all about balancing the look.
- With the duster cardigan being so long, it makes your legs appear longer. Go ahead and wear a stacked heel with your duster. This will make your legs appear even longer.
- Think about what accessories you want to add to your outfit. The dusters that go all the way to the ground can look over the top, so keep jewelry minimal. Statement earrings or a statement necklace complete a look.
- The texture of your duster cardigan can also change your look. If you have one that has a thicker texture or an open weave, you don’t want to over do it with too many different textures. Keep your jeans simple and your tee underneath a clean white tee.
- Pair a simple duster with a bold printed top such as leopard or stripes.
- Wear your favorite body con dress. I love how a midi body con dress looks with a duster.
I love the few duster cardigans I have because I can get so much wear out of them. They are a great lightweight layer and make a stamens when you wear them. You can find so many different colors and materials now at different price points.
Photography: Lianna Piccetti