Everyday Neutral Makeup
I hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend, I know I did. Today I wanted to talk about my everyday neutral makeup look. Although I love getting dolled up, putting a full face of makeup just isn’t practical for me everyday. I work as a preschool teacher and honestly I just want to look presentable, but not like I rolled out of bed. So here is what I do:
1. After I have washed my face, I apply Josie Maran Aragan Oil, (sometimes I use the light version, depending on the dryness of my skin). I put abut four or five drops into the palm of my hand. Then I rub my hands together and just press my hands into my face. I do not rub it in, just sort of pat on.
2. After about 10 minutes, I apply Laura Mercier Foundation Primer in Radiance. I just rub it all over my face using a dime sized amount. I love this stuff! Some days I just put this on and no foundation. It really brightens up the face!
3. After a couple minutes of the primer setting in, I apply bareMineals Stroke of Light. I put this under my eyes. I don’t dab it under my eye, I just brush it from under my eye to my cheeks. I make a triangle from under my eye, that goes from the outer corner of my eye, down towards my nose and the to my inner corner of my eye. I hope that makes sense!
4. Next I apply my foundation. I have been using bareMinerals Liquid Foundation in Bare Natural 07 for about year and I absolutely love it! I also bought this brush to apply it and have been really happy with it. For this everyday look, I want minimal coverage so I use a drop for each side of my face. I start on my cheek and start buffing and blending moving towards my chin and over my forehead. I don’t put much on my nose.
5. After several minutes of allowing the foundation to set into my skin, I apply Josie Maran Coconut Water Gelée in Pink Escape. I simply use my finger to swipe it on my cheeks and ether blend with my fingers or a brush. I love how it looks, I think it adds a very natural looking flush to the cheeks. I highly recommend this!
6. I use Anastasia Beverly Hills eyebrow gel to help keep my eyebrows tame and to hold their shape. I also usually just curl my lashes and keep them mascara free during the week.
7. Lastly I love to have some kind of lip balm on my lips because I hate having dry lips. I love to use Rosebud Perfume Co. in the Strawberry flavor. It is one of the few lip balms that don’t irritate my sensitive lips and keeps them super soft! I always have one or two with me.
I hope this helps explain a fast, but put together makeup look! Feel free to ask questions! I want to start doing tutorials, would that be of interest to anyone?
Have a wonderful monday!